This is one of my favorite ways to eat corn right now, though it’s not the healthiest. Using reduced-fat cream cheese makes it okay, right? It’s such a super easy and simple recipe to make also! I found it on Delish’s website but changed the measurements of the ingredients to coincide with a 1 lb bag of frozen corn since I can’t seem to find a 10 oz box.
- 1 lb bag frozen corn kernels
- 3 oz (6 tbsp) whole milk
- 5 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 3 tbsp snipped fresh chives (or 1 tsp dried chives)
- ¾ tsp coarse sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, simmer corn and milk over medium heat until corn is tender (5-7 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in cream cheese and chives. Season with salt & pepper.
- If desired, you can adjust the consistency with a little more milk.