At the beginning of this year, I started working on converting a small basement area to my workshop for woodworking and crafting projects. The floors have always looked terrible.
I did some research on painting concrete floors and decided to go with Behr’s Masonry, Stucco & Brick Paint. Before painting, I used a mop and a TSP water solution to clean the floors. I used a roller brush with an extension attachment to apply the paint and polyurethane.
I really liked this color for the floor.
I decided to go with this polyurethane, and I did 3 coats to make sure the the paint would be protected.
This is what it looked like after 1 coat of polyurethane. It’s still a nice gray color.
After 2 coats you start to see a slight greenish tint in the color.
And after the 3rd coat dried, it didn’t look anything like gray anymore. It’s now green. Ignore the white spots here and there; I got paint on the floor from other projects before taking the picture below.
So I was really disappointed in just how much the “clear” polyurethane changed the color of the floor. 🙁 Next time, I will use just 1 coat, maybe 2 when doing the next project.