This is currently my FAVORITE salad! I’ve made this one other time in the past, and earlier this week, I fixed it again for dinner. I got the marinade recipe from Recipes Quick & Easy, but the website has since been deleted after printing off the recipe.
I mix all of the marinade ingredients together, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, and let the chicken marinate in the fridge for 24 hours. Let the chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling. Skewer the chicken, and then grill for 12-16 minutes (or until the internal temperature of the biggest piece reaches 165°F). While I’m grilling the chicken, I put slices of bacon for the salad on a double-thick piece of aluminum foil and grill those until they’ve reached the desired doneness.
The toppings for your salad are completely up to you, but I used butter lettuce, bacon, matchstick carrots, red onions, green bell peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
Here’s what my salad looked like after being assembled.
I think this salad is going to become one of my favorite summer salads this year.
- ⅓ cup (2.75oz) extra-virgin olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley (or 2 tsp dried parsley)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¾" pieces
- bacon, cooked & crumbled
- matchstick carrots
- red onion, cut in half and sliced thin
- green bell peppers, cut into strips
- tomatoes, diced or cut into chunks
- cucumbers, cut in half and then sliced
- salad dressing of your choice
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a gallon-sized ziploc bag and add in chicken. Marinate 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from the fridge 30 minutes before grilling. Skewer chicken on metal skewers (or on pre-soaked wooden skewers). Grill chicken 12-16 minutes (turning once), or until a thermometer reaches 165 F for the internal temperature of the largest piece.
- Assemble salad using preferred amounts of the salad ingredients, or you can use your own salad toppings. Serve with your choice of salad dressing.